sábado, 8 de noviembre de 2008

HEY ITS ME AGAIN | HEY SOY YO OTRA VEZ

ENGLISH

Went to the doctors today to have the "port" or lets call it a tube, put in my vein.  Under the skin.  Starting from my neck down to my chest near the cancer.  CRAZY!  They put me to sleep and it didn't hurt (until later), but this will make the chemo easier to inject.  

I heard this story, about a lady who was running around one busy morning, getting breakfast and lunches made, trying to get her husband out the door on time and the kids into the car for a school run.  After dropping the kids off at school she was ready for HER shower and coffee until she received a phone call from her gynecologist's office.  The appointment that she had for another day was suddenly moved to this morning.  She had less than 30 min to get there.  Upps, no shower...oh well, she wanted to make sure she cleaned up a little (down there) so she grabbed a wash cloth that was on the counter, did the necessary and out the door she flew.
It was finally her turn so she put on the paper robe, laid on her back with her feet in the stirrups and pretended that she was somewhere else, like Paris or something.  As the doctor started to examine her, he said "wow, I see you wanted to do something special today."  She thought that was a strange comment, but not wanting to be there in the first place, she was just happy when it was over.
On the way home she did some errands and picked up the kids from school.  When they got home, she started to get dinner ready when her daughter called out from upstairs to her mom asking where her washcloth that she left on the counter this morning was.  The mom said, "Honey, just grab a clean one from the closet" then the daughter said, "no, I don't want a new one, my other one had some glitter on it that I was saving".......lets just say, I don't think she will be going back to THAT doctor again :)

I love that story!  I feel like the whole world has seen my breasts!  I keep singing the song from Joni Mitcheal..."don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till its gone...they've paved paradise, put up a parking lot....uuubapbapbap" In other words, we're never happy with what we've got.  Its time we appreciate the gifts, the beautiful, amazing handiwork of our INCREDIBLE CREATOR...our Father.  Who says He has a plan for good and not for evil.  HIS plans are perfect.  
I say, go get the check up...its better to have just ONE person checking you than to have a million people checking you.  Uuuubapbapbap!!!!!!!

Big hugs....karyn

---
ESPAÑOL

Hey! Soy yo otra vez

El sábado fui a los doctores para que me pongan el “puerto” o vamos a llamarle un tubo, colocado en mi vena. Debajo de la piel. Comenzando de mi cuello bajando a mi pecho, cerca al cáncer. ¡LOCO! Ellos me hicieron dormir y no sentí dolor (hasta después), pero esto hará que la quimio se inyecte más fácil.

 

Escuché una historia, acerca de una mujer que estaba corriendo de aquí para allá, una mañana ocupada; preparando el desayuno y los almuerzos, tratando de que su esposo salga a la puerta a tiempo y que los niños entren al carro para llevarlos a la escuela. Después de dejar a los niños en la escuela, ella estaba lista para SU ducha y SU café hasta que recibió una llamada de la oficina de su ginecólogo. La cita que tenía para otro día, inesperadamente se había movido para esa mañana. Ella tenía menos de 30 minutos para llegar allá. Upps, no ducha… ah bueno, ella quiso asegurarse y limpiar un poco (allí abajo), así es que tomó una toalla de mano que encontró en el mostrador, hizo lo necesario y salió volando.


Era finalmente su turno, así es que ella se puso la bata, se acostó sobre su espalda con sus pies en los “estribos” y pretendió estar en otro lugar, como París o algo así. Cuando el doctor comenzó a examinarla dijo: “Wow, veo que hoy día quisiste hacer algo especial.” Ella pensó que era un comentario un poco extraño, pero como, en primer lugar, no quería estar allí, ella sólo estaba feliz que eso acabe. Camino a casa hizo algunas diligencias y recogió a los niños de la escuela. Cuando llegó a casa, comenzó a preparar la cena cuando su hija le  gritó desde arriba, preguntándole dónde estaba la toalla de mano que dejó en el mostrador esa mañana. La mami respondió: “Cariño, sólo agarra una limpia del closet” luego la hija dijo: “No, yo no quiero una limpia, la otra tenía algo de escarcha que yo estaba guardando”… sólo digamos que yo no creo que esa mujer volverá a ver a ESE doctor de nuevo
J

 

¡Amo esa historia! ¡Yo siento como si todo el mundo ha estado viendo mis senos! Yo sigo cantando la canción de Joni Mitchell… “No siempre parece que se va, que tú no sabes que tienes hasta que se va… ellos han preparado el paraíso, construye un parqueo… uuubapbapbap” En otras palabras, nunca estamos felices con lo que tenemos. Es tiempo de apreciar los regalos, la belleza, la asombrosa obra de nuestro INCREÍBLE CREADOR… nuestro Padre. Quien dice que tiene un plan para bien y no para mal. SUS planes son perfectos.

Yo les digo, vayan a hacerse un chequeo… es mejor tener sólo a UNA persona chequeándote que tener a un millón de personas chequeándote. ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Uuubapbapbap!!!!!!!!

 

Grandes abrazos… Karyn

 

10 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

MI Pas mi poco ingles no traduceme muy bien pero igual siempre al pendiente de lo que escribe, ayer la soñe como siempre sonriente cariñosa...es ud una mujer increible aunque no tenga mucho tiempo de conocerla al escuuchar cuando habla pero mas al ver como adora y ama a Dios me impacta demasiado, gracias por ser tan chevere, la quiero muchisisisisimo y es ud una bendicion no solo para mi sino para miles de miles depersonas...gracias por traer alabanza extravagante, cuando era niña y me llevaban a la iglesia (catolica) en mi corazon siempre me preguntaba pero porque no aplaudimso y estamos contentos de venir a Dios y siempre queria aplaudir y cambiar toda la pasividad que habia en la misa, pero gracias por que ese deseo de mi corazon ahora lo veo en la Camino de Vida y es increible, es chevere gozarse en la presencia de Dios pero mas chevere vivir en adoracion, gracias por retarme...le mando un gran gran abrazo rompehuesos....Bendiciones
jekuvi@gmail.com

CINTHYBELL dijo...

Sólo queria dejarte una nota pastora, Te admiro muchisimoooo¡¡ Eres mi Heroe y te amo.
Yo recuerdo cuando tuve que pasar malos tiempos y tu me enseñaste a cantar con todas mis fuerzas, y es en canatarle donde encontre mi fuerza en su gozo encontre mi fortaleza y me encanta ver como tu vida y tus frutos son un ramillete de alabanza para nuestro Dios. Camino de Vida es nuestra casa donde creceran mis hijos y uds son nuestros papis amorosos¡¡ Estoy segura Dios trae buenos tiempos para esta maravillosa familia.
Te mando todo mi cariño y el de mi familia¡¡¡ Cinthya

Monica dijo...

Dear Karen,

SURPRISE!!! This is Monica Buhl from Church of the Redeemer. Hope you remember me. I was in Lima for a couple of months last near and attended Camino de Vida while I was there.

When I saw you and Pastor Robert visiting the last time you were at the church, I wanted to come to say hello. Unfortunately, there were too many people around talking to you so I said to myself, I will see you tomorrow in the church office...I am now part of the church staff...I did not see you and I was kind of sad.

A few days later, I heard from Pastor Dale a special prayer request for you. You have been in my heart constantly and lifting you up in prayer. In fact, today Sunday, I went to Camino de Vida website to see if there were any news and I found your blog!!! Praise the Lord!!

Now I know how to pray for you. Thank you for being so transparent. We all are assured that "everything you will go through, He will use it for His glory" like the old song says.

God bless you and Pastor Robert. We love you very much!

Monica & Michael Buhl
mbuhl@comcast.net

SDrumm dijo...

Hi Karyn,
Thank you for keeping this blog up to date. Its good to know how we can continue to pray for you.
I got a nice laugh from your story today, considering I am going for that appointment at the end of this month. :) We love you!
Dave and Stephanie Drumm

JOSE dijo...

Hola Karyn!!, es impresionante como uno se puede comunicar tan facilmente en estos tiempos y aun asi no haberlo hecho antes, soy Jose (hermano de Paloma), jajajaja, especifico porque seguro diras, quien es este Jose.
Pues nada, leyendo tu blog y enterandome de todo este proceso que estas viviendo, hace años que no nos vemos, pero creeme que siempre, siempre...SIEMPRE!!! te recuerdo a ti y a todos los que llenaron mi vida en momentos en los cuales estaba totalmente vacio y confundido.
Tengo muchos recuerdos, anecdotas y miles de cosas que guardo en mi corazon que me hicieron ver el gran ser humano que eres, a travez de tu manera de enfoncar la vida y de enfrentar las cosas, y una vez mas me sigues sorprendiendo enseñando, te mando muchos besossssssss.....te quiero mucho a ti y a Camino de Vida, espero poder tener tu e-mail , aqui te dejo el mio.....una vez mas GRACIAS POR TU VIDA,..GRACIAS POR SER COMO ERES!!...jose.
pd. mi e-mail es ghioes@yahoo.com

Unknown dijo...

Hola Ps. Karyn! Me encantó la historia, es una mate de risa! :) I love you. I saw the pic with your new look, I love it! you're in our prayers.
xoxoxo
Alida

Milagros dijo...

Hola Ps. Karyn... visita www.wigshop.com., entra en el link Human Hair, en la página 2 hay pelucas muy similares a tu pelo real...Nosotros compramos una para mi mami allí pero no quiere usarla..jeje..imagino que en verano deben dar calor ..no? Pero tu cara es tan linda que te imagino con lindos pañuelos de colores en la cabeza....eso también te quedaría muy bien...I love you Ps. Karyn you are amazing. Milagros

Unknown dijo...

Karyn you crack me up - that was sooooooo funny! Thanks for sharing. I love you so much!!! We are praying for you as always.

Kenneth Connelly dijo...

Karyn,
A long time has passed so you may not remember me - but somehow I think you will. When Robert came to Berean years ago I heard him speak. When I went up afterwards to shake his hand I still remember him looking at me and asking, "Do I know you?" It kind of shocked me but I realized that he didn't . . . and just handed him a picture of you & Joni together . . . and asked him to give it to you.

Joni and I have gone through deep waters - and I accept complete responsibility for this - but I don't believe God is through with us. Matter of fact in talking with the Lord - I'm sure of this.

I was a better man & husband than my father but that doesn't mean that I was measuring myself against the correct standard. I can see that many men make the same error. The point is I was not the man I should have been when I compare myself with Christ and His love reflected for the Church. Men say, "I wasn't guilty of gross immorality or the like " and yet we don't meet the deepest needs of our wives by loving them as they need to be loved. Suffice to say - I was very selfish at times in our relationship and I could have been a much better man.

All I'm asking is that I hope you'll listen to Joni carefully when she contacts you {I hope she will }, that you'll realize she's been hurt & could have been loved better, that you'll speak to her as a friend and that you'll sprinkle everything with the love of Jesus.

I don't know where she's at {we don't speak at her request} and my son says she's "speaks of other things" besides the Lord now - but I've seen her deep love for Jesus over the years and know that He cares for her more than I do.

God will lead you in what to say. I have realized that God will have to do a miracle - and that I've reached the limits of what I can accomplish. It's up to Him. He may use you - I'll be praying for this.

My life is an open book to you - and you & Robert can ask me anything you want. Please don't publish me on your blog - I want Joni to be able to talk with you both freely - without my being anywhere around. I just wanted to speak my heart to you first.

"Before the Throne of God above,
I have a perfect, sinless plea,
A great High Priest who's name is love
Who ever lives and died for me,
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart,
I know that while in heaven He stands,
No tongue can bid me thus depart,
No tongue can bid me thus depart."

Before the Throne
recorded by Selah

Even if you forget - I remember how effortless it was to sing with you - how selfless you were, what great harmony you had and how easy you made it. I enjoyed those times and will never forget them.

By the way - you don't look like you've aged a day . . . well maybe a couple of days . . . but not much.

Yours in Him,
Kenneth Connelly
Hayen, Idaho
KenC@encoder.com

IRMA MEGO dijo...

Hola Karyn,

te envie un mensaje espero te haya llegado, una vez mas te digo que es una bendicion leer todos los comentarios escritos por tu puño y letra, pues desde Costa Rica muchas bendiciones, y solo queria darte una sugerencia mas, evita tomar leche o algun producto derivado de ella, ya que la leche es el cultivo de las celulas cancerigenas, ojala me puedas mandar tu correo electronico y alli te pudo enviar una nota al respecto para que la leas, muchas bendiciones, y estaremos orando desde este lugar del mundo por tu salud...mi correo electronico es megoirma@gmail.com