viernes, 24 de octubre de 2008

WE HAVE GOOD NEWS! | TENEMOS BUENAS NOTICIAS

ENGLISH
Hey beautiful blog world,
Wow, it is crazy the amount of emails and phone calls we are receiving from people all over the world. I personally am overwhelmed!!!! I feel sooo loved!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Yesterday we went to THE best breast cancer doctor in the United States. One of our best friends made the contact for us and since she is extremely busy, you can only imagine how special this open door was. We got there and in-between surgeries, she was able to do an exam. We talked about what options we had, specially the cost if I were to be treated in the US. Just the x-rays alone she said would run in the tens of thousands...without insurance, which we don't have for the US (only for emergencies). She told me that it looked like the Peruvian doctors were giving me the same suggestions as to what should be done as she would give. So far both places have said that I need to do chemo first to shrink the lump and then a full mastectomy. I was actually really happy to hear all this. My home is in Peru! My life is in Peru! We went to Peru, trusting God with our lives, believing that He called us to fulfill His plan and destiny for our lives there in Peru! I am SO happy that the way to handle this is getting clearer. Believe me, there are so many options...I have a hard time going into a department store with all the racks of cloths, I usually just end up walking out with nothing because its just too much for me...THIS is a little bit more important :) She said that she was confident that these doctors in Peru would do a good job. She offered to look over their shoulders, and make sure that we are on the right track. Then she prayed for us... how amazing. She gave me her book too that she wrote on breast cancer and I started reading it and I really feel encouraged. Thank you Father God!!!!!!!

Robert had to get up at 4 this morning for a flight to Nashville (for a day), so I got the WHOLE day with my Papa'. Its been amazing. Psalms 14, specially verses 2 and 3 have always been a cry in my heart "The Lord looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if there is even one with real understanding, one who seeks for God. But no, all have turned away from God; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not even one!" Now those verses have always caused my heart to break for God's heart. It has caused me to stand up and say "here am I oh God almighty...look, here is one who seeks your face!!! I want to have real understanding...I want to be the one you see when you look from heaven. I want you to say 'SHE loves me and looks for me'. You know, I feel His eyes on me and I know He is right beside me "I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises! -My body rests in safety...You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presences and the pleasures of living with you forever" Psalms 16: 8,9,11

My heart is full of love for you all...be blessed and KNOW that you are loved :) karyn
---
ESPAÑOL

Hola bello mundo del blog,

Wow, es una locura la cantidad de mails y llamadas telefónicas que hemos recibido de gente alrededor de todo el mundo. Personalmente ¡¡¡ me siento abrumada!!! ¡¡¡Gracias, gracias, gracias!!!

Ayer fuimos a la MEJOR doctora de los Estados Unidos. Una de nuestras mejores amigas nos hizo el contacto, a pesar de que la doctora estaba extremadamente ocupada, pueden imaginar cuan especial fue que esa puerta se abriera. Fuimos a verla y entre sus cirugías, ella estuvo dispuesta a hacerme algunos exámenes. Le contamos sobre las opiniones que habíamos recibido y sobre todo el costo si yo fuera tratada en los Estados Unidos. Ella nos dijo que en los Estados Unidos, tan sólo los rayos X estarían alrededor de varios miles de dólares… sin seguro, el cual no tenemos (sólo para emergencias). Ella me dijo que parecía que los doctores peruanos me habían dado los mismos diagnósticos que ella hubiera dado. De todas maneras en los dos lugares me han dicho que necesito hacerme primero una quimioterapia para encoger el tumor y luego proceder a unamastectomía total. Realmente me puse muy feliz al escuchar todo esto. ¡Mi hogar está en el Perú! ¡Mi vida está en Perú! Nosotros fuimos a Perú confiando a Dios nuestras vidas, creyendo que Él nos llamó para llevar a cabo su plan y destino para nosotros en ese país. Estoy muy feliz de la forma en cómo estamos manejando esta situación y cómo se van aclarando las cosas. Créanme, existen demasiadas opciones para escoger… He tenido tiempos difíciles yendo de compras y al mirar los estantes de ropa me he sentido tan abrumada, que he terminado saliendo sin comprar nada porque esta situación es demasiado para mi… ESTO es un poquito más importante :)

La doctora dijo que ella tenía confianza que estos doctores en Perú podían hacer un buen trabajo. Ella nos ofreció estar al tanto de lo que ellos hicieran y de asegurarnos que estábamos yendo por un buen camino. Luego ella oró por nosotros… Que increíble. Ella me dio el libro que ha escrito acerca del cáncer al seno y lo he comenzado a leer y me estoy sintiendo realmente animada. ¡¡¡Gracias Padre!!!

Robert tuvo que levantarse a las 4 de la mañana para volar a Nashville (por un día), así que he tenido todo un día ENTERO con mi PADRE. Esto ha sido maravilloso. Salmos 14, en especial los versos 2 y 3 siempre han sido un clamor en mi corazón “Jehová miró desde los cielos sobre los hijos de los hombres, para ver si había algún entendido que buscara a Dios. Todos se desviaron, a una se han corrompido; no hay quien haga lo bueno, no hay ni siquiera uno.” Esos versos siempre han causado que mi corazón se quiebre por el corazón de Dios. Esto ha causado que me levante y diga: “ ¡¡¡Aquí estoy oh Dios Todopoderoso… mira, aquí hay alguien que busca tu rostro!!! Yo quiero tener un verdadero entendimiento… yo quiero ser aquella que Tú ves cuando miras desde el cielo. Quiero que Tú digas: ¡ELLA me ama y me busca!” Ustedes saben, …yo siento Sus ojos sobre mí y yo sé que Él está justo a mi lado. ¡Por eso mi corazón está lleno de gozo y mi boca grita sus alabanzas! -Mi cuerpo descansa seguro… Tú me mostrarás la senda de mi vida, llenándome del gozo de Tu presencia y del placer de vivir contigo por siempre” Salmos 16:8-9, 11.

Mi corazón está lleno de amor por todos ustedes… sean bendecidos y SEPAN que son amados :)

Karyn

4 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

I love you mum!!! you have always been my greatist inspiration, you always make me want more of God and leave everything i am doing to run to Him! thank you for your devotion to Him, I admire you YOu and dad are my hero!

Unknown dijo...

Great news! I'm so happy. Can't stop praying for you. I love you! Jo Anne

Kathy B dijo...

You have been such a friend to me! Every time I have ever needed aything you've been there.I am praying for you daily. Anything you need I am here.
I love you. Kathy

Ps. Oscar Zamora dijo...

Thank you Karyn for being the way you are...you are such an inspiration!!!!! we're praying for you daily...... the Zamoras